Some of the major health benefits associated with green bananas include their ability to raise nutrient absorption levels, weight loss, improved digestion, reduced blood pressure, regulated blood sugar levels and increased metabolism, among others.
1. Eating green bananas can result in the improvement of colon health due to the presence of short-chain fatty acids. Studies have indicated that this fatty acid type can increase the body’s ability to absorb essential nutrients.
2. Green bananas are potassium-rich, which is an essential mineral in the body. Because potassium is a vasodilator, it can reduce the strain and tension on arties and blood vessels. Therefore, they can prevent heart attacks, atherosclerosis and strokes.
3. Although green bananas contain high level of resistant starch making it bit difficult to digest, there is also considerable amount of fibre which can help in peristaltic motion and bring about balance of bacterial levels in the gut. This can prevent bloating and constipation, when taken in moderate quantities.
4. The nutrients available in green bananas can optimize the metabolic rate by offering a complex, stable carbohydrate base for energy. Not being simple carbohydrates, they can accelerate the calorie-burning process that the body requires.
5. There is no easy way to control blood sugar levels than taking green bananas rich in Vitamin B6. The fiber available in these bananas can curb insulin released into the blood stream. This is great news if you are diabetic.
6. The excess cholesterol levels in the blood can be regulated by the dietary fibre available in these bananas. Green bananas can scrap high cholesterol levels from blood vessels and arteries. It can reduce the risk of heart attacks and atherosclerosis, in addition to coronary heart disease.
7. As discussed earlier in the blog, though the resistant starch present in these bananas may be hard to digest, it is known to accelerate the fat-burning process in the body and would make you feel fuller, thus arresting the need of unnecessary snacking or overeating.